Black Holes are among the strangest things in the universe. These cosmic monsters are incredibly massive, but cover only a small region. Classical physics fails to explain what happens inside a black hole. Einstein’s theory of relativity works well inside a black hole but breaks down at its center. It is commonly believed that a […]Read More Rotating Supermassive Black Holes could act as portals to another universes
Out of the total mass-energy content of the universe, regular matter- the matter that makes up stars, planets and people, adds up to less than 5%. The remaining 95% is made up of stuff that we can’t see or detect. Popularly known as dark matter and dark energy, they make up 26% and 69% of […]Read More Is there a fifth fundamental force in the universe?
On 14 March 2018, I happened to come across one of the most shocking news I had ever heard in my lifetime. Stephen Hawking was no more. I immediately posted the news of his demise on my social media handles. The Facebook post was shared by more than 32,000 people which shows how dearly he […]Read More Book Review: ‘Brief Answers to the Big Questions’ by Stephen Hawking
Quantum physics is the branch of physics that describes the behavior of particles at the smallest possible scales. In the quantum realm, quantum mechanical effects become significant and particles can no longer be described using classical physics. Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon observed at the quantum scale where entangled particles stay connected (in some sense) […]Read More Quantum Entanglement explained in simple words
Both quantum physics and Einstein’s general theory of relativity work very well in their respective domain but are highly incompatible with one another. String theory speaks of a particle known as ‘graviton’ which is believed to be a quantum mechanical particle that mediates the force of gravity. Hence, string theory is considered to be a […]Read More String Theory explained in simple words